Topics disappeared?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Topics disappeared?

Postby RDJ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 am

I tried to find any info on this on the message board, but couldn't find anything.

I have read quite a lot in the "Europan and German testing" subforum previously, and remember that there were quite a few pages with topics. Now I can only find 2 pages, even though I filter for topics from "all time". Are these disappeared topics gone for good, or am I doing something wrong?
RDJ
Started
Started

Re: Topics disappeared?

Postby RowdyGSP » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 am

I have noticed a few topics disappearing as well. Ones that definitely should have been there. Not sure what's going on with that.
You have to be smarter than the dog to train it.
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Topics disappeared?

Postby blue04 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 pm

You should look at your profile settings in the "User Control Panel" (right under the search box). Under "Board preferences" --> "Edit Display Options" there is a setting for "Display topics from previous days". Whatever that option is set to determines the oldest posts you'll ever see. This is true whether you're clicking through the various sub-channels or searching. In other words, even if you enter specific search words that should return some articles, this setting will hide any that are older than whatever your setting is set to.

I'm not sure if that's your issue here, but I would check it.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion