Hope we never become this..........

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Hope we never become this..........

Postby Willie T » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:06 am

I travel to bird hunt as well AG....sounds like I need to find me an aquamarine canvas jacket and some peach brush pants before I get back to Montana if I want to stay relevant.
Willie T
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:10 am

I titled this "hope we never become this" jokingly.
As this has morphed into what it is now, maybe it should have been called "hope we never become an average guy"
Your combination and level of ignorance and arrogance, AG, is actually commendable.
But, I don't masquerade - and have no time for armchair experts such as yourself.
Nothing to do with stockpiling nor hunting when bird #'s are fine. Reading comprehension - MT bird #'s are low. But I actually doubt a guy like you gives a $#*!.
"Champion Poster"? Pathetic.
Ennis Montana's Bailey B - No pedigree, no prizes. Just 11 years of field excellence
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 am

Willie T wrote:I travel to bird hunt as well AG....sounds like I need to find me an aquamarine canvas jacket and some peach brush pants before I get back to Montana if I want to stay relevant.
Willie T

My bet is you will never find a photo of either of us in that shade of attire. Those Fishing Buddies buy Licenses and pay the Dingell-Johnson excise tax on their gear just like we do so they are solidly in the solution vs problem column in my view.

MtBirder,

I hope you work through your anger issues and find some peace in the out of doors doing what we both love and live for. You could not be further from the truth in your remarks about me. I am comfortable I do not need to defend my ethics or actions in that area. Happy Hunting.
Last edited by AverageGuy on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:42 am

AverageGuy wrote:
Willie T wrote:I travel to bird hunt as well AG....sounds like I need to find me an aquamarine canvas jacket and some peach brush pants before I get back to Montana if I want to stay relevant.
Willie T

My bet is you will never find of photo of either of us in that attire. Those Fishing Buddies buy Licenses and pay the Dingell-Johnson excise tax on their gear just like we do so they are solidly in the solution vs problem column in my view.

MtBirder,

I hope you work through your anger issues and find some peace in the out of doors doing what we both love and live for. You could not be further from the truth in your remarks about me. I am comfortable I do not need to defend my ethics or actions in that area. Happy Hunting.

"Online Bitching about not being able keep a God given gift of a state such as Montana all to themselves, masquerading as Conservation does not make it so".

I hope you see the irony.
Happy Hunting...............................................
Ennis Montana's Bailey B - No pedigree, no prizes. Just 11 years of field excellence
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:46 am

MtBirder,

There is no irony here. Your personal rant/problem with non resident Sportsman enjoying your home State has no nexus with my behavior or ethics.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 am

Answered as expected............................
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby J D Patrick » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

dang,,,,interesting read (sort of)

I'm heading to Montana in a couple of weeks,,,,doubt I hurt the population much as I've never been where I am heading before (call it a scouting trip) and my dog accompanying me is all of 9 months old when we hit Montana,,,,

but we will try

and we will try not to be part of "the horde"!!

plus I got a turkey tag or two I may try to fill,,,,

got other states I'm hitting this year,,,,hopefully they won't mind my intrusion so much,,,
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:45 am

Turkey numbers are great. Knock yourself out and if you want a lot of fun, I just take off walking through the P Pines listening for turkey talk. Walk in on 'em and stalk and sight as if hunting whitetails in the timber. Sneak in, get set up for the shot , quite often in the fall I get 2 in two shots from the same bunch.
How's that for a stay the hell out my state attitude?
For those that have a clue...................
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:56 am

The problem with ODFW isn’t ODFW. ODFW operates at the discretion of the “Commission” and the Governor. The Commission if a group of individuals with their own agenda and dictate how ODFW operates. The head of ODFW is selected by the Governor also. The governor also has “her” own agenda and is not a voice of the people but small special interest groups. Ideally, ODFW would run its self based on the people it serves, those who purchase hunting and fishing licenses and not the special interest groups and would answer only to them and not the governor. This will never happen. The “commission” I believe is a tri-state enterprise including Washington and Idaho because we share a common waterway, the Columbia River and tributaries. Most conflicts are formed out of this common waterway, commercial fishing vs sportsmen. Commercial fishermen ride on the backs of sportfishing and do not support financially their own entity. The Columbia River is the only river in the lower 48 where the antiquated method of harvest is still the gillnet which has been band in every other US waterway.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ryanr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:19 am

mtbirder wrote:I titled this "hope we never become this" jokingly.
As this has morphed into what it is now, maybe it should have been called "hope we never become an average guy"
Your combination and level of ignorance and arrogance, AG, is actually commendable.
But, I don't masquerade - and have no time for armchair experts such as yourself.
Nothing to do with stockpiling nor hunting when bird #'s are fine. Reading comprehension - MT bird #'s are low. But I actually doubt a guy like you gives a $#*!.
"Champion Poster"? Pathetic.

You keep trying to say that now (you started it jokingly) but many of your posts on the topic suggest, rather clearly, the opposite. And the real irony I see here is you calling AG arrogant and ignorant. And rather than a "joking" topic you made it your own personal rant against anyone and everything that you don't like... and then later added but I'm joking.

I'd be honored to hunt with AG and his dog but don't worry Mtbirder, if I ever get to Montana to hunt or flyfish I won't be hoping for an invite to join you. Hell, I probably don't drive the appropriately acceptable 4×4 for you and my female GWP has pink day-glo collar too so that's obviously an affront to you too. But take comfort knowing I wouldn't crowd in on your campsite either like the guys in your photo did (oh, I'd be ticked too.) Good luck hunting this year, I hope you're able to find some enjoyment out of it.
Schwarzwald's Hazel, NA 105 Prize 2
Quade vom Buffeltaler, NA 112 Prize 1
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby J D Patrick » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:34 am

mtbirder wrote:Turkey numbers are great. Knock yourself out and if you want a lot of fun, I just take off walking through the P Pines listening for turkey talk. Walk in on 'em and stalk and sight as if hunting whitetails in the timber. Sneak in, get set up for the shot , quite often in the fall I get 2 in two shots from the same bunch.
How's that for a stay the hell out my state attitude?
For those that have a clue...................

yeap,,,if I only had a clue,,,,,expect good turkey numbers,,,,,I liked taking two with one shot down in SC but now they've changed the regs to one a day,,,turkeys are normally not an issue,,,but then watch,,,I won't see a one!

if I see ya I'll wave,,,,I'll be the one eye'd man with the goofy drahthaar acting like we don't know what's what or even what we are doing,,,,and we will definitely take it easy on your upland birds,,,,maybe take a couple for a meal but that's about it,,,,that dog has a lot to learn and that's the main goal of the trip
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Again, ryanr, thank you for your insightful analysis.
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Dmog » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 pm

mtbirder wrote:Again, ryanr, thank you for your insightful analysis.

Hey Mtbirder, you bring this on yourself! It started for me on the way I interpreted your post on food plots. Kinda sounded to me you were looking down your nose at that method of conservation and hunting when it really is no different than hunting crop land or MT ranches and public land. We all hunt food areas and cover. I respect your preferences but your kidding yourself if you think you are not coming off as the arrogant one...maybe we will get to 200 post before hunting season?
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby mtlhdr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 pm

hunting season can't start soon enough :)
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mtbirder » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 pm

https://billingsgazette.com/outdoors/up ... 7372c.html

More Montanans spreading REALITY to the "masses"....................................................
mtbirder
Seasoned
Seasoned

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion