Rizzini Shotguns

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Rizzini Shotguns

Postby orhunter » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am

They look pretty good for the money but wondering about quality/reliability. I'm a believer in, you get what you pay for. Yea, I could spring for a Guerini or Zoli but again, what am I paying for and what am I getting? Throwing money down a rabbit hole isn't my cup of tea.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Rizzini Shotguns

Postby huntinmo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:49 pm

I don't know about the current production as I got mine about 15 years ago when Sigarms was importing them. I have used it a lot both hunting and sporting clays and it has held up very well with no issues. It is a 20 with 28 inch barrels so it is my go to gun most of the time when I am not shooting a 28. Fit and finish are very good and it has the case color receiver which I like much more than the silver looking ones. As for looks I can't tell the difference from the lower end Guerinis. YMMV
huntinmo
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby KJ » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:08 pm

I always thought Rizzini were high end shotguns, Guerini prices and above. I didn't even realize they made entry level doubles until I went on their website and saw the BR110. I have never handled one,but I wouldn't have a problem taking a chance on it. Looks like a nice gun. It seems several manufacturers make doubles of all grades, so hard to just judge the gun by its name.

I always liked the Guerinis, but were always a bit above what I wanted to spend on a hunting gun that I knew would get beat up.
KJ
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Sooty42 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:22 pm

I handled a Rizzini Omnium 20 ga a few years ago. I remember it feeling very well balanced and a nice looking gun. I just saw one recently in a Sportmans warehouse. It was either the Vancouver or the SE Portland Sportsman’s warehouse.
Sooty42
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby woodboro » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:52 pm

same price or less you can get a Merkel german gun.

I am old school double trigger set up kind of guy.

The Rizzini I saw on there web site only has single trigger configurations.
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 pm

I saw one a while back which looked nice but had color case hardened metal which I don't like. Recent photos in magazines show a completely different gun. Website shows several 28 gauge guns ready for shipping.

Sooty: Yea, I see Sportsman's is a dealer. Will need to check them out.

Woodboro: I'll take a look at Merkel. Thanks.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Hunting & Firearms