Dog Pee - how to remove from carpet???

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dog Pee - how to remove from carpet???

Postby Mieros » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 am

hi. my dog had diahorrea last night. of course, i was asleep. anyway, that is all cleared up now, but he weed on the carpet.

i have soaked up what i can with paper towels, but how do i clear up what has soaked in, and the smell. ( which will come in a few days time i guess )

i was thinking some bleech and washing up liquid and a kitchen towel.

any ideas pls?

(it is a very basic carpet - so hard to touch )
Mieros
Pup
Pup

Re: Dog Pee - how to remove from carpet???

Postby mtlhdr » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 am

I've used nature's miracle in the past. Seems to work pretty well. It's on Amazon, and might be at your local shop.
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dmog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm

There are many ways, best to blot it up immediately and use a little dish soap as well. Clorox bleach urine remover works well as does many other products you can buy. White Vinegar and Baking Soda mixed 50/50 works well. Baking Soda sprinkled on the area and left overnight can help deodorize. Be careful with bleach and water that you do not bleach out the carpet but I have been ok with 10-15% solutions.
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Bleach will take the color out of your carpet. The new carpet cleaners are enzyme cleaners that eat the stain. Stain master makes a great spot and odor remover. Capture's products are excellent and pet safe. They actually make a Pet Odor and Spot Remover. Tec is very good. Check at a local carpet store for these products.
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:43 pm

I have used the following with good success, but it requires a shop vac or similar wet/dry vac:

1) Plain water - soak the area with plain clean water. I mean really soak it. Make a puddle, but limit it to about the size of the area of the dog's accident.

2) Immediately suck up the water with the shop vac. Keep vacuuming until the area is damp but not wet or puddled.

Repeat 1 then 2 a few times.

3) Blot with a dry towel or wad of paper towels. Keep blotting and rotating in new towels until you're not getting much water absorbed into the towel.

4) Spray the area with some sort of enzyme spray that's made for pet stains/smells. Leave the area to dry.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:13 am

Carpet is held together with latex glue. The latex binds the primary and secondary back together. Water dissolves latex. Neve overly wet a carpet or you'll destroy it's dimensional stability.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby flechero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Eco 88. It's the best ever for pee/poop and other stuff. Follow directions on bottle. Stain and odor remover... dogs won't remark areas once you use it. Expensive but works every bit as advertised.
flechero
Started
Started

Postby blue04 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 pm

GONEHUNTIN' wrote:Carpet is held together with latex glue. The latex binds the primary and secondary back together. Water dissolves latex. Neve overly wet a carpet or you'll destroy it's dimensional stability.

Seriously? I've never heard this, and have never had any experience where carpet getting wet with water damaging carpet (other than standing water for an extended time causing mold or souring of the carpet). I admit I know close to nothing about carpet manufacturing, but I'd be shocked if this is the case.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 am

It's what I do for a living Blue. Trust me. It's true. Probably more carpeting ruined by over wetting than anything else. Except bleach and benzo peroxide staining.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AlaskaMagnum » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

Ozone generator is the best for all organic odors. Put the machine down, place a tarp loosely over it, and stay away for an hour. Odor will be permanently gone.
AlaskaMagnum
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to General Discussion