Ten Year Question

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Ten Year Question

Postby Willie T » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm

orhunter wrote:Still dogless...... Get pretty bummed. Can’t have one and still do all the other stuff I want to do. Wife is in the same boat.

Orhunter, if being dogless is leaving you bummed, re-evaluation might be in order. Once this stuff gets in ones blood, it leaves a hole in the soul that only a bird dog can fill. Where there is a will, there is a way. Best of luck rehabbing the leg regardless of your decision about a new dog.
Willie
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby crackerd » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:16 am

Yeah, c'mon back, Harvey - Boykins are birddogs, too.

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am

Willie: Yea, I think about re-evaluation a lot too. MG. Don’t worry, I never miss a chance to promote the Boykin. Only problem for me is, they’re not a Griff.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby crackerd » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:13 am

orhunter wrote:Willie: Yea, I think about re-evaluation a lot too. MG. Don’t worry, I never miss a chance to promote the Boykin. Only problem for me is, they’re not a Griff.

Harvey, could call for a compromise choice between the Griff and Boykin - you can be a PBGV man!

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Willie T » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:04 pm

orhunter wrote:Willie: Yea, I think about re-evaluation a lot too. MG. Don’t worry, I never miss a chance to promote the Boykin. Only problem for me is, they’re not a Griff.

The timing is probably perfect for a puppy. You can put in the necessary yard work while you’re hobbled this hunting season and the puppy will be great motivation to work at the rehab. Hell, gimping that leg was probably a sign from above that you need a dog...a little Boykin would be easier to keep up with in the field and travel with too.
PS-don’t ask the wife what she thinks. From experience, once you bring it home its a done deal.
Willie T
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Urban_Redneck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 am

I think the Epanuel Breton is making inroads, one just earned his VC this weekend.
Urban_Redneck
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion