Lethbridge Alberta

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lethbridge Alberta

Postby Pointydog1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:09 pm

Any local versitile gun dog clubs, does anyone have a source for flight birds/training birds locally.

Thanks ahead of time.
Pointydog1
Pup
Pup

Re: Lethbridge Alberta

Postby Densa44 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:21 pm

I live in Calgary and there are 2 clubs in Alberta, and one is in Calgary. It wouldn't be a bad idea to start one in Lethbridge, you are in the heart of pheasant country and there are enough of Vdog owners there to start a club IMO.

As far as birds that fly, I used to buy pigeons from my Hutterite friends, and where you live I'm sure you can find a local supplier.

Welcome.
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Lethbridge Alberta

Postby Range Maggot » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:23 pm

The Saskatoon Gun Dog Club could be an option if you don't mind a bit of a drive. They have training days about once a month from April to September and try to include other formal training within that time period for blood tracking, freeing your dog from traps, table work, etc. The club is also affiliated with VHDF Canada, which if you plan to test your dog(s) I would highly recommend VHDF over NAHVDA. The club would also be a good avenue to find training birds, as I am pretty sure they get most of there training birds from Alberta.
Range Maggot
Pup
Pup

Return to Training