Looking for the Right Person, for one of the pups...

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Looking for the Right Person, for one of the pups...

Postby ANick » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 am

Straight up, I'm not really sure where this post should go. So, if it needs be moved.. we can do this.

Now, I do still have some pups available, good looking, and all that stuff that puppies are. But I have one Special female. I'm looking for the right human for her.

And, yeah, it's a search for the right needle.

This pup, she's the one that I was steeling myself against the great possibility that she'd not make it. She was oh so small. She'd gain a few grams, plateau.. and again... and again. A fraction of her male siblings' weight, she'd get rolled more than a bowling ball. I'd pull her out for a rest, and all she wanted to do was get back in there. At the food bowl... this Lillipute would be shoving back at one of her monster-sized brothers for her kibble, or do a ninja under or over him. An absolute sweetheart of a pup, just a fun, determined young sprite.. that would not stop. Which, as long as she was trying, pretty much made me fall into line.

I'm going to kick myself for a very long time for not going with the gut on this one. I let myself be talked out of a damned fecal test, the wisdom most shared was pretty much, "As long as the pups are gaining, it's not a thing to worry about." Yet, when the opportunity presented, we did run the fecal test, about 8ks of age. Which came back positive for coccidea. So we treated the whole litter. EVERYONE has benefited by that treatment, especially this pup. In the last couple of weeks, she's almost doubled her weight. She's looking MUCH better, yet is still the same little, laughing Energizer pup.

I would not bet that she will ever catch up and develop into the belle of the ball, as far as meeting breed standards for breeding purposes. She might at that. With her, I think I'm learning to try to not underestimate the little Ladybug. But, of all the pups in the bunch, she has something... pretty special.

I think of her as, "The Story Dog". Not in the sense of the pup that grows into the wonder dog that establishes a bright new day for a line of dogs. But the pup that, with the right person, is the one that stories of her belong in a book or an oral history of stories told long after her time. The little engine that could.

I don't know if that person is some old grumbly bugger that has an overdose of vinegar in his veins that needs the unlikely sweet fluff of a pup to iron him out, or if that person is a youth themselves that just doesn't KNOW what can and can't be done... and not KNOWING, goes and does it anyway.

So, if that odd description puts anyone to mind, have them get in touch...

I guess we can call this a, "Right Person Wanted" Ad?? :)

Nick

v. Seefeldtanz
Kent, WA

crop_red_DSC_8284.jpg
Ayita 10-13-19
crop_red_DSC_8284.jpg (298.32 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Attachments
line_up_Crop _Red_DSC_8352.jpg
A litter vom Seefeldtanz, Ayita 4th from left... the head-cocked lass. :)
line_up_Crop _Red_DSC_8352.jpg (302.97 KiB) Viewed 505 times
crop_red_DSC_8303.jpg
Ayita, better lighting
crop_red_DSC_8303.jpg (367.93 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Last edited by ANick on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANick
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Looking for the Right Person, for one of the pups...

Postby Dakotazeb » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am

Do you have some pics of this pup? Where are you located?
Janees August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ANick » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Dakotazeb wrote:Do you have some pics of this pup? Where are you located?

Zeb,
Edited the original.. thanks!

Nick
ANick
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Dmog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Those are some nice looking pups and that little one is a sweetheart!
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby crackerd » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 am

Methinks she should have a banner across her chest,

HARVEY, HERE I AM!!!

C'mon, man - step up on an opportunity for a runt that will go beyond ANick's, if anything, pragmatic pitch for what folks like me would think of as pick of the litter! "Lil'li" (Darlin' Lillipute von Seefeldtanz) should be the name too - can't beat it. Now get over there across the border, Harvey, before ANick says it's too late.

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Crackered.... Yea, you got me figured, thought the same thing. There isn’t a darn thing wrong with that pup other than terminal cute. Heck, the whole litter. What a batch of beauties. That little girl could indeed be the pick of the litter.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby crackerd » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:24 pm

So what time you leavin', then? Almost wanting to ask you to pick up the second runtiest (and second most-blessed to own) female from ANick for me!

C'mon, Harv - So she ain't a griff, so she ain't a Boykin, but she ain't the kind of opportunity that comes along every day, either, for somebody of "our" sensibilities about gundogs.

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

MG: "so what time you leavin'?" Truth is, not going anywhere fast. I completely severed my right quadriceps on Aug. 20th, till recovering. 'Bout the earliest I'll be able to drive anywhere will likely be a month, probably longer. Still using a walker and wearing a brace. Start professional rehab next Monday. I can actually walk (sort of) without the walker but Dr. said don't. Sticking to Dr's orders so I don't screw this up. Have no idea what my new "normal" will be.

I've been thinking more and more about a dog these days, give my life a little more purpose which I badly need. Probably won't go over well with the wife but I know she misses not having one around. Been helping others find pups and here I am still dogless. Want to take another drive out to Wisconsin this May. Who knows what might come home with me.....?

Be best if you snatched up that little girl and get her out in the field. She deserves the best home can be found.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:47 am

Beautiful pups!
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ANick » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 am

orhunter wrote:MG: "so what time you leavin'?" Truth is, not going anywhere fast. I completely severed my right quadriceps on Aug. 20th, till recovering. 'Bout the earliest I'll be able to drive anywhere will likely be a month, probably longer. Still using a walker and wearing a brace. Start professional rehab next Monday. I can actually walk (sort of) without the walker but Dr. said don't. Sticking to Dr's orders so I don't screw this up. Have no idea what my new "normal" will be.

I've been thinking more and more about a dog these days, give my life a little more purpose which I badly need. Probably won't go over well with the wife but I know she misses not having one around. Been helping others find pups and here I am still dogless. Want to take another drive out to Wisconsin this May. Who knows what might come home with me.....?

Be best if you snatched up that little girl and get her out in the field. She deserves the best home can be found.

Ya know, Harvey. It is a long, long drive for a little puddle o' fluff like that. It could be a real pain as wet as it's been.

Of course, when serendipity calls, maybe we should listen?

There's a couple headed this way this weekend from *very* NE Oregon to come look upon the munchkins, coming through Portland... hopefully they'll be taking one home with. I'm pretty willing to bet after talking with these folks, that they'd be willing to wedge Ladybug in the glovebox or someplace for a ride-along??

Hmm? :)
ANick
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:01 pm

I read all this stuff to the wife. She just said hummm a couple of times.

Where do you live? When it comes to dog breeders, I always assume everyone lives about two states or more east of us. Sounds like you may be in the neighborhood?

If I jumped breeds, I’d probably be tarred, feathered and run outa town on a rail. That would be the fun part.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby azquailhntr » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Cute little bugger!
azquailhntr
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby ANick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:16 pm

orhunter wrote:I read all this stuff to the wife. She just said hummm a couple of times.

Where do you live? When it comes to dog breeders, I always assume everyone lives about two states or more east of us. Sounds like you may be in the neighborhood?

If I jumped breeds, I’d probably be tarred, feathered and run outa town on a rail. That would be the fun part.

Harvey,
:) I'm clear up in Kent, kind of between Seattle and Tacoma.
As far as jumping breeds, consider it as more of a scientific comparison for future use. After all, how do you know you won't like a blueberry peach pie if you never put a fork in one?
More on the litter at https://www.dl-gna.org/breeding/pups-do ... efeldtanz/

Mrs. said, "Hmm.", a couple of times, eh? That's a good thing?

Nick
ANick
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby crackerd » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:37 pm

ANick wrote:Mrs. said, "Hmm.", a couple of times, eh? That's a good thing?

Nick, I'm going beyond "wishful thinking" for Harvey and extrapolating that the banner is soon to read

HARVEY, HERE I AM AT YOUR FRONT DOOR!!!

MG
crackerd
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Beautiful pups, going to be a lot of happy people , especially with the runt. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Master Poster
Master Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion