Crazy Morning

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Crazy Morning

Postby orhunter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

"We." You and Otto? I guess Otto likes tail more than Makers. I'm with Otto.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:45 pm

Things have gotten surreal. We duck hunted in January it was 73 degrees.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LongHammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27 pm

One not so funny thing. Where I live we do not really have cockle burrs. I see maybe 2 a year. Well this body of water we hunted was cockle burr soup. Otto has never really had to deal with them so when one got stuck tight to his lip his solution was to go and rub his face in a giant patch of wait for it...... cockle burrs! And then again rubbing his face on the ground! I carry a piranta for game cleaning. It took 2 blades and 45 minutes to get his mouth open he was so wadded up. He looks pretty funny with no beard. He was growlling at himself pulling 2 off his pecker :oops: i value the use of my hand too much to pull those. Cactus is easy pickins I don't know how you guys deal with that crap regularly.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Dmog » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:26 pm

We call that quality time together.
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:42 pm

My first Griff was a burr magnet. She went into a small patch of cockle burrs one time to fetch a quail and eyes got so matted she couldn't see. Took about 5 seconds for that to happen. Had to go get her and carry her back to the road. They do have an odor and my dogs learned to avoid them.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Cockle burrs , HA I send you some, it is a everyday thing bird hunting, my young dog gets them terrible, wish I could post pictures.
I use a diner fork, they come out fairly easy. with that being said Gus beard is a lot shorter by the end of the season. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to Hunting & Firearms