Schwarzwald kennel_ good or bad

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Schwarzwald kennel_ good or bad

Postby gwp123 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:00 pm

Looking at getting my first gwp, heard about Schwarzwald kennel. Has anyone ever heard of them? I seen one of his dogs at a akc hunt test. Nice looking dog, looked like a gsp, no furnishings. Real short coat. Does anyone have any input about their dogs?
gwp123
Pup
Pup

Re: Schwarzwald kennel_ good or bad

Postby JONOV » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:59 am

gwp123 wrote:Looking at getting my first gwp, heard about Schwarzwald kennel. Has anyone ever heard of them? I seen one of his dogs at a akc hunt test. Nice looking dog, looked like a gsp, no furnishings. Real short coat. Does anyone have any input about their dogs?

THere is a member here that has one of Kyle's dogs. Their performance speaks for itself (excellent, on the whole.)

RE the furnishings, there's a chance that happens. Basically it's a genetic Heterozygous or Homozygous trait. Basic Punnet square stuff. THey're just now able to test for the furnishings marker.

Parents that have furnishings, can either have FF, or Ff copies of the furnishing genes. If you breed Ff to Ff or Ff to ff you'll have some pups without furnishings. FWIW I've seen GWP's and DD's with great coats that lack furnishings. And pretty slick ones with furnishings.
JONOV
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Kyle breeds excellent dogs. So do the other members of the Wirehair Alliance. The specifics of each litter and timing is how I land on where I get my pups vs being locked in on only one breeder. https://www.wirehairalliance.com/breedersmembers
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ryanr » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:43 pm

I'd tell him to PM with questions but he made one post and disappeared.
Schwarzwald's Hazel, NA 105 Prize 2
Quade vom Buffeltaler, NA 112 Prize 1
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Breeding