Cabelas -- Another New Low

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Cabelas -- Another New Low

Postby AlaskaMagnum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm

My family are norcini from Piedmont for generations. I know a little about making salumi, proscutti, coppa, etc.

I was teaching a friend some basic sausage making skills and we went to Cabela's to look at a grinder. Biggest pieces of crap I ever seen.

We got him a used Hobart off of Craigslist that he will hand down to his son for the same $$$ they want for their crap. It's all Chinese made junk now anyway.
AlaskaMagnum
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Cabelas -- Another New Low

Postby Libertyrocks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:48 am

Cabela’s website showed a nice looking pair of hunting waders on sale with limited inventory. I tried to check out, but they must have run out and not updated. I figured I could call in to get it squared away, or get the same wader in a different camo pattern at the sales price. Cabela’s wouldn’t budge. They wanted full price which was $82.00 more. No thanks. Seems close to bait and switch.

AlaskaMagnum wrote:My family are norcini from Piedmont for generations. I know a little about making salumi, proscutti, coppa, etc.

Can I make duck prosciutto without nitrates safely? There seems to be some debate. I made some last year without anyone getting sick.
Libertyrocks
Pup
Pup

Previous

Return to General Discussion