DO NOT PURCHASE A PUDLEPOINTER FROM Pineridge kennels

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

DO NOT PURCHASE A PUDLEPOINTER FROM Pineridge kennels

Postby Dflorea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm

WARNING!!!!WARNING
DO NOT PURCHSE A PUDELPOINTER FROM MIKE PALOTTA AT PINERIDGE KENNELS CANADA. My male pudlel pointer helped 12\22\2016. I've had two knee ccl operations on both knees. COST OVER $5000.00. Today my pup had grand mall SIEZURE. BESIDE THE INITIAL COST.ALMOST $2000. AND THE EMOTIONAL COST OF A FAMILY PET.and hunting partner. bull$#*! BREEDING , AND THE FACT THAT HE WILL NOT ALLOW OWNERS TO REGISTER HIS DOGS (GREED). AM i UPSET?? yes. I GAVE HIM THE BENEFIT of the doubt as well as cash. Buyers beware!! Ive got one big Heartache on my hands>
Dflorea
Started
Started

Re: DO NOT PURCHASE A PUDLEPOINTER FROM Pineridge kennels

Postby JONOV » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Dflorea wrote:WARNING!!!!WARNING
DO NOT PURCHSE A PUDELPOINTER FROM MIKE PALOTTA AT PINERIDGE KENNELS CANADA. My male pudlel pointer helped 12\22\2016. I've had two knee ccl operations on both knees. COST OVER $5000.00. Today my pup had grand mall SIEZURE. BESIDE THE INITIAL COST.ALMOST $2000. AND THE EMOTIONAL COST OF A FAMILY PET.and hunting partner. bull$#*! BREEDING , AND THE FACT THAT HE WILL NOT ALLOW OWNERS TO REGISTER HIS DOGS (GREED). AM i UPSET?? yes. I GAVE HIM THE BENEFIT of the doubt as well as cash. Buyers beware!! Ive got one big Heartache on my hands>

What do you think he should have done differently? What are you alleging he did to deceive you? Are you saying that he bred dogs that he knew had problems with Seizures or CCL's? That he concealed or failed to do testing that could have prevented it?

His kennel shows a bunch of dogs testing on the NAVHDA website, that doesn't happen without registering the dogs. If you means he sells them with restricted breeding rights, that's relatively common; especially with less common breeds. The NAVHDA registry also doesn't show any dogs whelped on 12/22/16. There's a litter whelped that date in 2010, but not 2016.

If one CCL goes, there's a high probability that the other will go as the other knee is compensating the recovering knee. With active dogs, it sometimes happens.
JONOV
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Dflorea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Go ahead and purchase a dog from him ! Good luck ! I said every thing I’m going to say on this. You want to defend go ahead. But you are failing to see the big picture. I don’t care what you think. No one offered to compensate me or make anything “right”. He’s my dog and I’ll have to live with it. I’m not going to give kudos to any breeder that who doesn’t screen his breeding stock or offer to make things right. So I’m putting this into the buyer beware category. Sorry I can’t be nice about this!
Dflorea
Started
Started

Postby orhunter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

$2000 for a PP!!! It should come with a solid gold water bowl.

Ethically, he should offer some compensation if these problems arose within a certain time period. Good breeders do provide a limited health guarantee. Check your paperwork.

I know it's fairly difficult to weed out kennel problems in advance of getting a pup but a person still needs to try. If Mike's got a history of health defects in his dogs, you should be able to find something. If what you're dealing with is a first and last time occurrence, you need to calm down and try to work with Mike. Do your homework.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dflorea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:58 pm

I really don’t get any pleasure out of informing people of the sad facts about this. Only other time anything close to this has happened to me was from a backyard breeder.
Dflorea
Started
Started

Postby Doc E » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Although there MIGHT be a genetic predisposition for a bad Tibial Plateau Angle (thus a CCL tear) there is no current proof that it is actually the case.
Same with seizures, it MIGHT be genetic, but there is no current proof that that is the case.
I think you are tilting at straw men.

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1450 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 265 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JONOV » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Dflorea wrote:Go ahead and purchase a dog from him ! Good luck ! I said every thing I’m going to say on this. You want to defend go ahead. But you are failing to see the big picture. I don’t care what you think. No one offered to compensate me or make anything “right”. He’s my dog and I’ll have to live with it. I’m not going to give kudos to any breeder that who doesn’t screen his breeding stock or offer to make things right. So I’m putting this into the buyer beware category. Sorry I can’t be nice about this!

Answer my question. What did he do that was dishonest or irresponsible?
JONOV
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ryanr » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Dflorea wrote:Go ahead and purchase a dog from him ! Good luck ! I said every thing I’m going to say on this. You want to defend go ahead. But you are failing to see the big picture. I don’t care what you think. No one offered to compensate me or make anything “right”. He’s my dog and I’ll have to live with it. I’m not going to give kudos to any breeder that who doesn’t screen his breeding stock or offer to make things right. So I’m putting this into the buyer beware category. Sorry I can’t be nice about this!

He didn't defend anything, he asked a few questions. Sorry about your dog but no need to be rude to him.
Schwarzwald's Hazel, NA 105 Prize 2
Quade vom Buffeltaler, NA 112 Prize 1
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 am

Hey Man,

Sorry to hear about your dog. If you don't mind, what is the pedigree name of your pup or parents your pup is out of? You can PM if you prefer.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dflorea » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:07 pm

I apologies if I’ve been rude. Really, love the dog. But I’ve loved every dog I’ve owned. PP are suseptable to epilepsy. I just found this out. I guess that when he had the seizure that was the last straw. It felt like adding insult to injury. When anyone breeds they are responsible for their product offspring. I didn’t do anything wrong. I paid good money in good faith for a healthy dog. What I got was a pup with ccl disease genetic and not screened for. And a seizure prone possible epileptic dog. Genetic again. Some one is not doing their due diligence. You could say it’s me because I didn’t listen to other breeders who advised me not to purchase a PP from Pineridge. So rude or not I’m sticking to my mantra “Buyer Beware”. I don’t breed I’ve never bred nor will I breed dogs. But you can damn well bet that I would stand 100% behind a pup that I sold. And don’t get me wrong I’m not asking for anything from anyone. That’s just the way I feel.
Dflorea
Started
Started

Postby JONOV » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm

JTracyII wrote:Hey Man,

Sorry to hear about your dog. If you don't mind, what is the pedigree name of your pup or parents your pup is out of? You can PM if you prefer.

It’s seafxhable on NAVHDA. Only one litter whelped on 12/22, in December 2010 and you can search by the kennel or breeders name.

It really stinks but I don’t think it’s fair for OP to slam him on the web. A health guarantee is typically limited to what the breeder can control and prevent; hips, elbows, eyes... Nothing the OP presented said that Mr. Pallotta concealed or reneged or lied.

In fact, looking at the litters he’s whelped, I think OP has a nearly 8 year old dog. Even if the Dam or Sire developed epilepsy by seven or eight, that would be too late, as their breeding career would have been largely over. If either line had a history of epilepsy that the breeder knew of, that might be a fair complaint.

Are you saying his lines have a susceptibility to epiliepsy that other PP lines don’t? Or that a preponderance of his dogs more than other PPs have ccl tears?

But spending any amount of money on a dog, from a $25 Pound Rescue to a $500 Craigslist Lab to a $2000 Bulgarian Frankenhund is no guarantee that the dog won’t get hurt or sick.
JONOV
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Doc E » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Dflorea wrote: What I got was a pup with ccl disease genetic and not screened for. And a seizure prone possible epileptic dog. Genetic again.

Let me be clear AGAIN :

There is no proof that CCL problems are genetic ! ! ! ! !
There is no "screening" for CCL integrity

There is no proof that epilepsy is genetic ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Show me the proof .

What about that don't you understand -- or are you just dense ?

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1450 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 265 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Breeding