Dogs are fascinating anumals

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dogs are fascinating anumals

Postby hicntry » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:44 am

A bit over a month ago I noticed a definite change of behavior in both dogs. While they have always been attached to me, they suddenly became annoyingly affectionate. So much so that I couldn't even move without both of them rushing over to me. A couple of days after I noticed the change in behavior, I developed a pain in my left side of my stomach just below the ribs. Nothing really unusual about a pain, but, this one is still there 24/7 after a month. It has progressed around the side and halfway across the back. I am pretty sure this has something to do with the behavior change I see in the dogs. I find it really cool that dogs are so tuned in so I am watching the progression in their behavior with great interest.
Last edited by hicntry on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Dogs are fascinating anumals

Postby ryanr » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:53 am

They certainly are and ya might want to get that checked out.
Schwarzwald's Hazel, NA 105 Prize 2
Quade vom Buffeltaler, NA 112 Prize 1
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:20 pm

ryanr wrote:They certainly are and ya might want to get that checked out.

Ryan, don't need anything checked out. It will either go away or it won't. The dogs behavior is more interesting than what may be wrong with me. I may never have a better opportunity to observe such behavior.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby TruAblePup » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 pm

hicntry wrote:
ryanr wrote:They certainly are and ya might want to get that checked out.

Ryan, don't need anything checked out. It will either go away or it won't. The dogs behavior is more interesting than what may be wrong with me. I may never have a better opportunity to observe such behavior.

Please go get it checked out.
Isaac II vom Buffeltaler "Pax" - VJP 73
TruAblePup
Started
Started

Postby Meridiandave » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Hlcountry. You realize they are using dogs in cancer screening, epilepsy and diabetes early warning right?

I agree with others. Go get checked out. It cannot hurt and your canines may be telling you more than you are in pain.
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JTracyII » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:45 pm

They sure are amazing, agreed!
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Hicntry, like his dogs, doesn’t require medical care because they all lived well until they died “of old age”

Please don’t ignore your dogs concern for your health... it just wouldn’t be the same around here without you.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Harvest Moon Drahthaars- vom Herbstmond
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am

Misskiwi67 wrote:Hicntry, like his dogs, doesn’t require medical care because they all lived well until they died “of old age”

Please don’t ignore your dogs concern for your health... it just wouldn’t be the same around here without you.

Right on all accounts. Tucco is 6 and never been to a vet. Harper is 8 and was spayed but has never been to a vet since. Both had the first vaccinations and never had another one. I haven't had an antibiotic since the brain surgery at 21. Our immune systems are fully functional and expected to work. I figure what my problem is right now is shingles which isn't comfortable but not life threatening. They have drugs to counteract it but I don't want them. To each his own.

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JONOV » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am

hicntry wrote:
Misskiwi67 wrote:Hicntry, like his dogs, doesn’t require medical care because they all lived well until they died “of old age”

Right on all accounts. Tucco is 6 and never been to a vet. Harper is 8 and was spayed but has never been to a vet since. Both had the first vaccinations and never had another one. I haven't had an antibiotic since the brain surgery at 21. Our immune systems are fully functional and expected to work. I figure what my problem is right now is shingles which isn't comfortable but not life threatening. They have drugs to counteract it but I don't want them. To each his own.

That's true until it isn't. I've walked around an old family cemetery and seen the graves of people that die from things that we don't have to die from anymore; a great uncle that died from tetanus, for example...Or appendicitis that was easily treated, but not the ensuing infection.

If you're being extremely objective that the symptoms are consistent with shingles, fine. But it sounds to me almost like a tumor somewhere.

And, you're right, they are fascinating. My Mom's dog has a torn ACL. My dog, upon seeing him for the first time in a year, went right to his knee and licked it, despite it not being inflamed and him not limping.
JONOV
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby flitecontrol » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 am

Most people develop a rash with shingles.......
I've had several really good dogs, but none were perfect. Neither am I, so keep that in mind!
flitecontrol
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hicntry » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:46 am

flitecontrol wrote:Most people develop a rash with shingles.......

Got a noticeable redness from the left side of the abdomen around to the left center of the back. I am not worried about it, but, it isn't the most comfortable thing. Then again, I have had kidney stones twice, once for a 9 day stretch and that was a bitch.

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby flitecontrol » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Your diagnosis may be correct. Different folks have different reactions at different times. Some are in such torment they wind up in the hospital while for others it's just a minor itch, if that.
I've had several really good dogs, but none were perfect. Neither am I, so keep that in mind!
flitecontrol
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to General Discussion