Big plans for hunting season?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Big plans for hunting season?

Postby Stretch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm

First time having a bird dog and I have two trips planned to Montana and one to Michigan Upper Peninsula for ruffed grouse and woodcock. Oh yeah might have a trip to ND planned for snow geese and pheasant planned that the wife doesn’t know about yet, have to sneak that one in when she’s wanting something lol. Besides that it back home to Iowa for a lot of duck, geese, pheasant, and quail. Will prolly hang my bow up for the year and just hunt Barrett. I’ve shot more deer than most and a year out of the stand might do me some good. I also have my annual hog hunting trip to Arkansas that might get turned into a combo hunt for hog and duck. Then I gotta take my buddies from Arkansas shotgun hunting back home in Iowa.
Stretch
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 am

Lose weight and get in shape so I can go hunting. Want to make a trip to ND. Don't know about anything local? Since my deer and elk hunting spot got logged off, I gotta do some looking around.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby greg moyer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Same as always!! Starting on the first of Sept in Montana and ending five months later chasing chukars in Oregon. Never know where we end up in between!
greg moyer
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby greg moyer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm

orhunter wrote:Lose weight and get in shape so I can go hunting. Want to make a trip to ND. Don't know about anything local? Since my deer and elk hunting spot got logged off, I gotta do some looking around.

Harvey I finally gave up on Oregon for deer and elk. Going to be hunting Montana for big game this year. First time and looking forward to it.
Josie doesn't care who kills the birds she has pointed. You are more than welcome to hunt with us anytime. We are mobile and can hunt anywhere and anytime you are available.
greg moyer
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Spindog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:43 am

If all goes well.... A lot of Grouse hunting. Finished my cabin up in Northern Michigan last year. All set up for hunting and fishing. The new guy is coming along nice. Just me an him this year. Been a long time since I had just one dog. Plan to concentrate on him and his manners. Feel blessed to have a nice place in the wilderness and a strong healthy dog with what seems to have great instincts. Can't wait for the season to get here. Hope everyone's plans work out.
Dan J.
Guinness Da Grazia Male Spinone RIP Buddy
Macello Da Grazia Male Spinone Brown & White RIP Chow
Hidalgo's Leonardo da Vinci Male Bracco Italiano Orange & White
.ǝɯıʇ ɐ ʇɐ pɹıq ǝuo uʍop ǝpısdn p1ɹoʍ bop pɹıq ǝɥʇ buıuɹnʇ .ǝuouıds uɐı1ɐʇı
Spindog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby J D Patrick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:43 am

I have similar plans as stretch,,Montana and Michigan (or elsewhere up north, TBD) but the Montana plans are in modification as they changed Sage grouse a week or so ago.

May have to go earlier as I'm also in the middle of a work change

Then around here It's deer, ducks, etc in NC and SC

Need to check on my annual Louisiana duck trip with some friends down that way

some of it will be flex hunts - planning Texas in Dec/Jan - maybe Oklahoma, Kansas, who knows!!

Going to be a fun season
J D Patrick
Seasoned
Seasoned

Previous

Return to General Discussion