Got a funny dog story?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Got a funny dog story?

Postby LongHammer » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

a couple of years ago my wife got in a car wreck and was stuck in bed for a few months. (not the funny part) While I was at work she would need help getting some things so I started training Otto as a cut rate service dog. He started just picking up things she dropped and couldn't reach. Well we kept going with his training after my wife recovered. He knows what quite a few things are now and he loves to fetch them. Camping a couple of weeks ago people i mentioned his skills and folks to tried to call my bluff. I handed him my sunglasses and told him to go hide them in the woods. He came back I sent Otto with a sunglasses command. He trotted off and a minute later brought my sunglasses to me. I took three more times to convince everyone he knew what sunglasses are. We are at a point that he has started fetching things on his own. When I get home I sit on the couch take off my boots socks and shirt. I set them neatly on my boots. Then the wife comes home he says his hello and waits. Every time the wife goes into the kitchen where the laundry room is Otto grabs my shirt takes it over to her and starts pushing it into her till she takes it. Then it's the socks. A quick patrol of the house for any laundry laying around then rewards himself with some chow. The other day I was in the shower the bathroom door opened then I heard my wife scream. I jumped out and she was laying on the couch laughing with Otto climbing on her trying to force her to take my dirty underwear that were on the shower floor. Feathers, fur, TV remote, sunglasses, sandals, boots, and laundry the GWP a truly versatile breed.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm

LongHammer wrote:a couple of years ago my wife got in a car wreck and was stuck in bed for a few months. (not the funny part) While I was at work she would need help getting some things so I started training Otto as a cut rate service dog. He started just picking up things she dropped and couldn't reach. Well we kept going with his training after my wife recovered. He knows what quite a few things are now and he loves to fetch them. Camping a couple of weeks ago people i mentioned his skills and folks to tried to call my bluff. I handed him my sunglasses and told him to go hide them in the woods. He came back I sent Otto with a sunglasses command. He trotted off and a minute later brought my sunglasses to me. I took three more times to convince everyone he knew what sunglasses are. We are at a point that he has started fetching things on his own. When I get home I sit on the couch take off my boots socks and shirt. I set them neatly on my boots. Then the wife comes home he says his hello and waits. Every time the wife goes into the kitchen where the laundry room is Otto grabs my shirt takes it over to her and starts pushing it into her till she takes it. Then it's the socks. A quick patrol of the house for any laundry laying around then rewards himself with some chow. The other day I was in the shower the bathroom door opened then I heard my wife scream. I jumped out and she was laying on the couch laughing with Otto climbing on her trying to force her to take my dirty underwear that were on the shower floor. Feathers, fur, TV remote, sunglasses, sandals, boots, and laundry the GWP a truly versatile breed.

I know what you mean... my dog and I are continually fighting over my wife's underwear
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

[/quote]

I know what you mean... my dog and I are continually fighting over my wife's underwear[/quote]

You should just take turns wearing them. I am sure you both look fantastic! :lol:
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion