Blind Retrieve Training

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Blind Retrieve Training

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:48 pm

crackerd wrote:
Concerned, however, after reading your account that Gonehuntin' might "go on-song" about the deficiences of British Labs - nah, he's just not enamored (nor am I) of certain British Lab trainer cum flimflam fellows of American persuasion - fostered, alas, by American gullibility.

MG

=D> =D> =D>
I just hate seeing birds die of natural causes unless I'm that natural cause.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Kiger2 wrote:Long flyers, Sit dog. Walk out with gun and bird. Blow call, shoot bird. Release dog.

I am doing some work with a shoulder stock Lucky Launcher which has similarities to your post. Leaving the dog on a sit, walking out 50 to 75 yards and shooting a white dummy with black flag tails on it. Using a yellow load it will launch close to a 100 yards. He marks and holds until released to retrieve. I can remote send him back to his spot and shoot another or I also mix things up by taking the retrieve and then walking on aways, call him in, sit him down somewhere else and do another. Working in cover. I can easily add the duck call que.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Kiger2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

ag, then there you go!
Kiger2
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:31 pm

I train by myself and for marks I use some remote radio released set-ups to shoot retrieve-r-trainer dummies. They work great. I made my own but I think there are some commercial ones that are cheaper than the commercial "bumper boys".
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Training