FF question

Pointing, retrieving, flushing, tracking, behavioral issues, puppy training, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: FF question

Postby Kiger2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Doc,
I will allow you your opinion. I mean you are entitled to think whatever you want.

Higgins is certainly entitled to promote his methods.

Im certainly entitled to call him out when he posts something that is not just a matter of opinion, but fact. He is making misleading statements that those who are watching here may take as truth. FF does not cause the dog to lose trust.

Do you believe that FF causes a loss of trust in the dog?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Was your post calling me a jerk actually a "jerk" thing to do????
Kiger2
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Doc E » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Does your question mark key stick ?
Do you realize how adolescent it makes you look ?
Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1270 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 250 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby PL_Guy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Kiger2 wrote:Doc,
... FF does not cause the dog to lose trust.

That sounds like opinion to me. If you adequately describe how to objectively measure "dog's trust" in the relationship between dog and trainer and provide convincing reproducible data, I might accept your opinion as fact.

Jere
"Speak your truth quietly & clearly; ... Avoid loud & aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."
So much to learn, So little time!
PL_Guy
Master Poster
Master Poster

Location: When at home: Seldovia, Alaska; otherwise: almost anywhere

Postby booger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Higgins wrote:
gundog wrote:
Thanks Brad,I didnt have a chance to watch the videos. My dog had a halfa$$ natural retrieve to begin with, so I cleaned it up. I am VERY pleased with the results from the FF program, and have not experienced any loss of style or trust issues. To each their own.

Hello gundog,

I agree, to each their own. If you would, take a minute and watch the videos. I'd like to get your take on them. Might make for an interesting discussion.

https://youtu.be/wIhuFnts9Uw
https://youtu.be/_El738eNjl8

Thanks,

Higgins

Brad,

What I think is missing is the why and how. What stage is the dog in the videos at, what was the previous training? What happens when the dog fails to do what you'd like it to do? Failure and response to failure is a big part of learning and it seems like we're just getting the success part.
booger
Started
Started

Previous

Return to Training