Formal rules, our polices, and using etiquette
Before you registered, you had to agree to the terms of the forum. Those terms are as follows:
- This forum is to be used to discuss issues related to dogs, dog activities, hunting, and the outdoors.
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Spam and unauthorized advertising will also not be tolerated. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).
- No profanity, name calling, sexual comments, vulgar or derogatory statements. Do not use any threatening language towards another member. Its okay to state your point, just don't go overboard.
- Do not say anything that could be used by anti-hunting groups or reflects poorly on hunters and their activities. If you are anti-hunting, this probably isn't the place for you.
- We have zero tolerance for flaming other posters or trolling. Flaming is a deliberate attack on another member of our forums (including their dogs or their kennel) while trolling is starting a topic or post that will yield large amounts of anger, strife, controversy, or dismay among our community. Forum members who choose to do this will be placed on moderation queue with an inability to post for a few days. In extreme cases, we reserve the right to skip this step and ban the user altogether.
- This forum gives members the ability to edit posts. Any forum member who abuses this feature to flame or name call another member and then edit it once the post has been reported but before the moderator or administrator has been able to take action will be banned immediately! We do make backups of this site and we can easily go back and check to see what modifications have taken place. Therefore, we suggest that you think before you write.
- We ask that when making requests for information about a Kennel, that the poster include his email address so that he may get private responses or turn on the ability to receive email and private messages via this forum..
- Litter announcements, started dog ads, etc. are not permitted on the forum. We have a special area on Versatiledogs.com for litters at http://www.versatiledogs.com/classifieds/litters.html . Any litter ads posted in the forum will be taken down. For clarification: A litter ad posting is one that contains all of the information necessary to sell pups, including parentage, contact info, website url, etc.- basically it is a Litter Sales Pitch. A litter ad is NOT a posting that tells other members to "check out" so-and-so's kennel's litter or a casual mention that your dog just drop a few pups and you happen to have a few available to someone who asks in a post about kennels, lines or pups.
- THE ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule is the posting of ads for rescued dogs, which has its own dedicated forum section.
- No spamming or advertising on the message board. This includes litter announcements and classifieds. Litters can be announced at http://www.versatiledogs.com/classifieds/litters.html. Classified should be posted in the "Marketplace" within the forum.
KC's Perpetual Motion - "Storm"
Support the Men and Women in our Armed Forces.
- Posts: 368
- Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:02 pm
- Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Return to Rules, Policies, and Etiquette
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest