Training table

DKV and VDD, etc

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Training table

Postby woodboro » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:49 am

Many guys use all sorts of things , but I use a training table.

*I have always been a strong believer during the force fetch process to incorporate obedience into the session.
On and off the table. 1 ramp / 2 ramps depending on graduations.

Point of topic is length and height of table -

I will start , my table is 8 feet long , and when a dog is on the table I am looking right into his eyes.
My table is all ways in the back yard , where distractions are minimal / but there are some, after all , all retrieves in the wild
'have distractions'

What are your tables dimensions ???
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Training table

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 pm

I am still using the one I built a long time ago off the NAVHDA green book plans. Those plans used one sheet of plywood so the table is 2 feet wide and 8 feet long. The other 2x8 piece is then cut in half yielding two 2x4 ft ramps. I set it on some saw horses I built with edges of the end of the saw horse brace which hold the table on each side. Put some 2x2 strips horizontal across each ramp to give the dog something to grip when walking up and down and put cinder blocks under each end to make the slope a little less steep. I set beside a post of the canopy over the dog kennel where I have a collar which I can snub the dog to when teaching the early stages of FF.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Training table

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:42 pm

2x8, not sure how high. Dogs head is about shoulder height for me, so likely lower than others would prefer.

Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 (197.5 Armbruster)
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to German and European Testing Systems