Central Illinios

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Central Illinios

Postby J D Patrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 am

Heading to Moline Ill area mid Feb for a meeting. I will have my dog with me as we have a VJP in western TN the weekend prior. So I am researching some places to take my pup to hunt. I know the season is out, so any recommendations on decent, well run, preserves in southern or central Illinois? I know it's not wild birds, but better than nothing and since we are there anyhow,,,,
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Central Illinios

Postby GLStarke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 am

I'm heading to a preserve on Saturday off of Interstate 70 which is about an hour east of St. Louis. I've never been there but can give you a report next week if you'd like. They have quail, chukar & pheasant from what I've been told.
Last edited by GLStarke on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLStarke
Pup
Pup

Postby GLStarke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 am

Link to Illinois State website for Hunting Preserves. It also has a link to all the preserves licensed in the state with species offered, phone numbers, etc. Good luck.

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pa ... erves.aspx
GLStarke
Pup
Pup

Postby J D Patrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:52 am

GLStarke wrote:I'm heading to a preserve on Saturday off of Interstate 70 which is about an hour east of St. Louis. I've never been there but can give you a report next week if you'd like. They have quail, chukar & pheasant from what I've been told.

thanks - appreciated - I'm coming up 55 from TN heading to Moline - found several along that route

GLStarke wrote:Link to Illinois State website for Hunting Preserves. It also has a link to all the preserves licensed in the state with species offered, phone numbers, etc. Good luck.

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pa ... erves.aspx

thanks, that was the first place I looked before posting - mainly now looking personal recommendations

likely will just pick one and hope for the best!
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jph » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm

JD im heading up to the meeting myself! Im from the areas your are looking at. Hillsboro has one i believe its called cranniemacks still. Its just off 55 a few miles.
jph
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby J D Patrick » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm

yes, looked at cranniemacks - likely where I end up for a "wander" on Monday afternoon
J D Patrick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Hunting & Firearms