R.I.P. Elle

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

R.I.P. Elle

Postby Dakotazeb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 am

Yesterday we put down our beloved Elle. She finally succumbed to a spinal tumor at age 8. This has left a huge hole in our hearts and our home. There will never be another one like her. She turned out to be more dog than I could have ever asked for and gave me 8 great years to share with her. She was just a big lover around the house. Most loving dog I have ever had. She also was a tremendous pheasant dog. Best I've ever had. And then to top it off, with no formal training by me or anyone else she excelled in NSTRA field trials and became a NSTRA Champion this past spring. I was truly blessed to have such a dog in my life.
Attachments
George & Elle.jpg
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: R.I.P. Elle

Postby Smilin Jack » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:59 am

Sorry for Your loss My Friend
Attachments
Paw Prints.jpg
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby mtlhdr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Very sorry for your loss. Rest easy girl.
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jlw034 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:17 pm

That really really sucks. I'm very sorry.
jlw034
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby greg jacobs » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Dogs. There’s a reason we call them man’s best friend. We can learn so many things from a dog’s behavior, personality, demeanor, resiliency, and most importantly, the willingness to provide their family members with unconditional love, loyalty, and companionship down to their very last breath.

You come in the door from a long day’s work. The dog doesn’t judge you; he doesn’t care how you’re dressed or if you’ve just had a really bad day. No matter the situation, your dog is happy to see you. You are greeted with the same enthusiasm each and every time you walk in that door. A dog has the ability to live in the present moment. They don’t regret the past or worry about the future. If we can learn to appreciate and focus on what’s happening in the here and now, we’ll experience a richness of living.

In the presence of a dog, somehow, nothing else matters. A dog is handing out pure love, sparing no expense, and asking absolutely nothing in return. There’s consistency, love, and the beauty of life at its finest.
by Bernie Parent
greg jacobs
Started
Started

Postby AverageGuy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Truly Sorry for Your Loss.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby bullfrog » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Your words show that she was lucky to have you as an owner. Very sorry for her early departure.
bullfrog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby seank » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Sounds like you gave that dog a great life. She was lucky to find you. I'm sure there's another one out there looking for you. Grieve a bit, then go find her.
seank
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Dakotazeb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am

Thank you all for the extremely kind words. Elle was truly one of a kind and I was fortunate to have her in my life. She's left one heck of a hole in my life. But time to move on and find my next dog. Looking for a started female. Prefer a Brittany but would consider one of the Setter breeds. She will be an in the house dog. Hunted on pheasants in South Dakota and run in NSTRA trials. PM me if you know of such a dog.
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Dakotazeb » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Got my new dog. She's a 6 month old female Brittany and her name if Bree. Came from a breeder in Idaho and has a heck of a pedigree.
Attachments
August & Grace.jpg
Bree.jpg
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Congratulations.... Brand new chapter.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster