Should sound familiar.

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Should sound familiar.

Postby hicntry » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Probably why my dogs lived years longer after I realized they lived 3 to 4 1/2 years longer without vet care.

https://neonnettle.com/news/4897-study- ... ccinating-
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Should sound familiar.

Postby carramrod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Yeah that lost me about 2 paragraphs in when it turned to the whole anti vaccination rhetoric that's been proven to not be the case.
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hicntry » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:13 pm

The info is there, folks can do with it what they want.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby carramrod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm

The world is full of unproven or false info.
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hicntry » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 am

carramrod wrote:Yeah that lost me about 2 paragraphs in when it turned to the whole anti vaccination rhetoric that's been proven to not be the case.

That isn't true. There has just never been enough studies to prove it unequivocally. After, what? Two decades of studies this is what they are finding. Much like 20 plus years ago I said that they would never say what the real cause of HD was because to many were willing to pay for it. It was a cash cow that started out as a genetic problem. That morphed into a combination genetic/nutrition problem. Next it morphed in to a problem involving multiple genes and was going to take a lot longer to unravel. And recently, the truth is coming out and environmental conditions that pups are raise in is taking a front row seat.

I don't kwow what is so hard for some to consider things like this when 27.000 deaths are attributed to booze per year. 57,000 to drugs and 255,000 to doctors. That is 5 times the death rate put on Doctors over drugs.

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby carramrod » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:02 pm

I guess the life expectancy has increased not due in part to better healthcare or advances in science but due to less people going to the doctor.
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Doc E » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Medical "mistakes" are the 3rd leading cause of death un the USA.
I wonder what it is in Vet Medicine ?

Doc E
HR UH MHR WR SR Casey RIP my friend :(
HRCH HR UH Tucker 1450 HR Ch. points :D
HRCH HR UH Weezle 265 HR Ch. points :)
Doc E
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am

Doc E wrote:Medical "mistakes" are the 3rd leading cause of death un the USA.
I wonder what it is in Vet Medicine ?

Much lower, because people choose to euthanize their terminally ill pet instead of hoping the doctor can buy them a few more weeks and blaming the death on the doctor when they can’t.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Harvest Moon Drahthaars- vom Herbstmond
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 am

“There just hasn’t been enough studies to prove it.” This reminds me of the Rabies vaccine. Tests were concluded after three years so that became the rule to vaccinate every three years. In truth, the vaccine is good for much longer than three years after the second innoculation. Titer tests will indicate when vaccines are needed, not the calendar.

Agree with MissK on euthanizing sick pets. Some well known Vet chains are good at extracting every last dollar from the client in order to keep a pet alive by making the client feel guilty for not trying everything available.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:04 am

Maybe the better question would be ," How many animals live shorter lives because of the excessive preventative medicine practiced by vets". Excessive vaccinations probably being the leading one..

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby flitecontrol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:30 pm

The period for rabies vaccination varies from state to state. Some are every three years, others are annually. Which begs the question, what scientific evidence is there for the need to vaccinate every year, every three years, or even longer?
I've had several really good dogs, but none were perfect. Neither am I, so keep that in mind!
flitecontrol
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Healthcare