First aid services?

North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association Tests

Moderator: Moderator Pack

First aid services?

Postby Densa44 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:55 pm

We had a handler injured in a fall and fortunately with the assistance of other handlers was able to hobble back to the parking lot. It has brought up the issue of should we have an ATV available for such an eventuality? I'm wondering what other clubs do? It will depend on the land that is being used and ours has no access for pick up trucks.

It seems that the handlers are not getting younger and this type of thing may happen more often.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: First aid services?

Postby marsh » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Our club has access to drive trucks out on the training grounds. I have never seen anyone injured while training or testing- but we could assist with a vehicle.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:01 am

Accidents happen. While the demographic is getting older, accidents can happen to anyone. We all need to be as careful as possible.

We can't use ATV's, that said, if someone were hurt that bad we'd drive a truck out to get them, I'm sure the DNR would understand. We also have park rangers where we train so there is a source for help. We're also fortunate to have a handful of EMT's in our club.
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Densa44 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:09 am

Badger holes?

Are these holes an Alberta problem? It isn't a day afield unless you step in one and go up to your crotch. You can shoot the badgers as they are seen as a varmint but hardly anyone does.

When I'm hunting, I shuffle along like a guy looking for cigarette butts. Stepping in one of these holes again for me would be a very big deal.

It has had one benefit, I have some of the steadiest dogs in the Province, when on point, they will look back at me to make sure I'm still coming. I'll probably die with a dog licking my face.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to NAVHDA